Join Canon for a workshop experience of a lifetime at the Ghost Town in Nelson, Nevada.
Where we’re going:
Located 45 minutes south of Las Vegas, this historic town is literally a gold mine of photographic opportunities. Shoot vintage cars, eclectic antiques, rustic barns and gas stations – all against an epic desert landscape. While the town itself makes for an inspiring subject, we will also have professional models available for unique portrait opportunities. Whether you enjoy landscape, travel, or fashion photography – this workshop is for you!
Our workshop will start at the CPS Lounge in the Las Vegas Convention Center where we’ll cover camera settings, lensing options, and off-camera flash basics.
Then, we travel by charter bus to the Ghost Town -- where the excitement begins!
On arrival, we hit the ground running with Speedlite instruction and advanced available-light techniques. As the sun sets, we’ll add more creative lighting techniques, introducing colored gels to create incredibly dramatic backdrops behind our subjects. We will also showcase the capability of fast lenses and high ISO imaging in the fading desert light.
After traveling back to the Convention Center, we will share post-production and printing workflow tips, and close the workshop with image critiques from the Ghost Town shoot.
We know you’ll get great images – so you will also receive one large-format free print of your favorite image from the workshop (drop off file in the CPS Lounge during the WPPI Expo to receive print).
We will provide water, snacks, and a boxed lunch.
Join us for an experience you won’t forget!
What You Will Learn:
The workshop is limited to 25 students, with multiple shooting stations for a variety of learning and shooting opportunities. Station Instructors and Canon support staff will provide personalized attention and instruction.
You will learn how to:
• Properly expose, compose, and create artistically designed images
• Master the Speedlites system –indoors and outdoors, in daylight and dusk, with and without modifiers
• Creatively light with Speedlites and colored gels
• Utilize Canon wireless technology for instant capture and review on tablets
• Make the most of available light, with and without reflectors
• Work with professional models
• Improve your post-production and printing workflow
What to Bring:
· Your camera and lenses
· Fully charged batteries for a long day of shooting
· Tripod (optional)
· Weather-appropriate clothes for the Nevada desert in February (daytime into evening)
All skill levels are welcome! Whether you are just getting started with photography, or looking for unique additions to your professional portfolio – this workshop will have something for everyone.
Meet in front of Canon CPS lounge (LVCC Rooms N237 & 239 )